孤独 - 埃拉·惠勒·威尔科克斯(美音)
放松  >  耳语
播放:1.1 万
弹幕:0
投食:76
喜欢:28
发布于:2021-05-15 20:00

Solitude

by Ella Wheeler Wilcox


请跟英语兔我一起读:


Laugh, and the world laughs with you;

笑则天下笑,


Weep, and you weep alone;

泣则独自泣.


For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,

因悲哀的旧世界须借贷欢笑,


But has trouble enough of its own.

而它自身的麻烦不少.


Sing, and the hills will answer;

唱则群山应,


Sigh, it is lost on the air;

叹则空散尽.


The echoes bound to a joyful sound,

回声反射成欢欣,


But shrink from voicing care.

倾诉忧虑无回音.


Rejoice, and men will seek you;

喜则人寻你,


Grieve, and they turn and go;

悲则众人离.


They want full measure of all your pleasure,

他们要度量你的欢快,


But they do not need your woe.

但他们不要你的悲哀.


Be glad, and your friends are many;

你高兴, 朋友会多起来,


Be sad, and you lose them all,

你悲伤, 他们转身走开.


There are none to decline your nectared wine,

无人会拒绝你的佳酿,


But alone you must drink life's gall.

但你要独自把生活的苦酒品尝.


Feast, and your halls are crowded;

设宴, 高朋满盈,


Fast, and the world goes by.

斋戒, 无人问津.


Succeed and give, and it helps you live,

成功和慷慨能助你生,


But no man can help you die.

但是他人救不了你死.


There is room in the halls of pleasure

娱乐大厅里有一间房,


For a large and lordly train,

长长豪华列车停中央,


But one by one we must all file on

但我们都必须鱼贯上,


Through the narrow aisles of pain.

通过狭长痛苦的走廊.