因为我不能停步等候死神 - 艾米莉·狄金森(美音)
放松  >  耳语
播放:220
弹幕:0
投食:19
喜欢:0
发布于:2021-06-09 11:06

Because I could not stop for Death


by Emily Dickinson



请跟英语兔我一起读:



Because I could not stop for Death,


因为我不能停下来等待死神



He kindly stopped for me;


他和善地停下来等我--



The carriage held but just ourselves


那辆车只能容我们两个--



And Immortality.


还有不朽.



We slowly drove, he knew no haste,


我们慢慢驱车-- 他不慌不忙



And I had put away


我也把我的劳与闲



My labor, and my leisure too,


统统丢掉一边,



For his civility.


为了他的礼让--



We passed the school where children played,


我们走过校园, 孩子们你推我搡,



Their lessons scarcely done;


在休息时间, 在圆形广场 --



We passed the fields of gazing grain,


我们走过在田间凝眸的麦杆--



We passed the setting sun.


我们走过落日旁--



We paused before a house that seemed


我们停步在一所房子前,



A swelling of the ground;


那似乎是隆起的土地一片



The roof was scarcely visible,


屋顶几乎看不见--



The cornice but a mound.


屋檐在地里面--



Since then 't is centuries; but each


离那时已是几个世纪



Feels shorter than the day


过了还不到一天,



I first surmised the horses' heads


我首次猜测到, 马头



Were toward eternity.


在朝向永恒奔窜.